Did you ever wonder why birds wake up before Sunrise? Are they teaching us something about life? Yes. Waking up before Sunrise and watching it brings us many benefits. Sunrise is something close to my heart, and I rarely miss watching it in a day. The vibrant colors of Sunrise, fresh breeze on my face, chirping of the birds – these help me start my day with happiness and excitement and infuse positivity in me. No matter how busy I am with my work or traveling, or family responsibilities, I take time out of my schedule to watch Sunrise and be with the Sun almost every single day. It’s my sacred, precious time in a day. So, what are the benefits of watching Sunrise? In this blog, I will be sharing with you all these amazing benefits.
My journey with Sunrise
Sun is the visible God right in front of our eyes. We need not go to any temple or particular place to see this God. No long queues and tickets to buy. He gives his darshan freely to all of us who care to wake up early. This God touches every person and every being on this Earth unconditionally. He sends his rays and blessings to every person, every animal, every bird, every tree, every insect. Sun God stands for unconditional love and generosity.
Many years back, just out of playfulness and sheer joy, I started watching Sunrise and spending time with my Sun (yes, my Sun 😊. It became a kind of personal relationship with Sun). What started off as life’s little pleasure became a very powerful practice which impacted my life beautifully. The more I gazed at the Sun, the more receptive I became to the energies of the Sun. With the passage of time, I could feel the divine blessings and healing energies of the Sun. These blessings and energies rejuvenated my body, mind, and spirit. When I started watching Sunrise, I did not imagine that this simple practice of watching Sunrise can add so much value to my life.
Today, I would like to share with you the benefits I gained in my life by waking up early and watching Sunrise for years. You will also reap these benefits when you too wake up early and watch Sunrise.
10 benefits of watching Sunrise
1. Helps in achieving dreams: When Sunlight hits our eyes, the pineal gland in our body gets activated. In yogic literature, the pineal gland is referred to as the third eye. When this is activated, you can manifest and achieve your dreams. Your energies start to vibrate at a higher frequency, and you attract the right things and the right opportunities. Coincidences happen in your life in miraculous ways. So, watching Sunrise can be a very powerful practice in transforming your life.
2. Peaceful start of the day: When you wake up early, you can start your day in a relaxed state of mind. When you start your day with peace and happiness, you carry this peace throughout the day, and you are better equipped to handle your day. Being in a hurry and rush in the morning time is not a productive way to start your day.
3. More personal time: By waking up early, you have your personal time where you can sort your thoughts and emotions before you start your day. You get to have some uninterrupted personal time. It’s important to strengthen your body, refine your emotions and sharpen your thoughts every single day to be successful in life. When you wake up early, you will find time to do this.
4. Helps in better planning: Early morning hours have fewer distractions. This makes it easy for you to plan your day, week, and month. This is the best time to ideate and conceptualize your big ideas. Without proper planning, it’s challenging to achieve big things in life. Waking up early in the morning gives us the time to plan our day, our week, and eventually our entire life.
5. Time to work on goals: We all have goals like perfect weight, calm mind, more happiness in life, etc. But many of us lack time to work on these goals. When you wake up early, you get time to work on your big ideas and goals.
6. Makes day positive: When you wake up early, you start your day on a positive note, and this, in turn, propels your day in the direction of positive events. Positivity brings more positivity.
7. Time for review: It’s a great time to review goals and the direction in which you are heading in your life. Just setting goals is not enough. Reviewing them on a regular basis is also important to achieve our goals. Reviewing helps us take the right action at the right time.
8. Source of Vitamin D: Sun is a natural source of Vitamin D. Vitamin D is an important vitamin that keeps you healthy physically, emotionally, and mentally. Health is one of the greatest blessings, and watching Sunrise is a great way to improve and protect our health.
9. Anti-depressant: Sunrise has great beauty and peace. Watching Sunrise is a source of joy and works as an anti-depressant. It also inspires new ideas and enhances your creativity.
10. Better health: Waking up at Sunrise helps you maintain a healthy circadian rhythm. Circadian rhythm is your body’s internal clock. When this is maintained properly, it can protect you from several diseases.
These are some benefits of watching Sunrise, which I gained out of my own experience of watching Sunrise.
Watching Sunrise is highly recommended by both Spirituality and Science. I know we all have busy schedules. But with proper planning, we can make some time for Sunrise. Plan your schedule to accommodate Sunrise in your life and reap the amazing benefits. If not every day, try watching Sunrise, at least on weekends. Doing this will transform your life beyond your imagination.