10 benefits of organic cold-pressed oils
Are you committed to your health? Do you want to stay healthy, energetic and avoid hefty medical bills? Then its important to switch from refined oils to cold-pressed oils. Oils form an essential part of Indian cooking. We use oils to prepare curries, chutneys, and various other recipes. The quality of oil plays an important role in taste and health. There are two types of oils available in the market: cold-pressed and refined. In this blog, I will share with you the many benefits of cold-pressed oils. I will also share with you some dos and don’ts regarding oil usage for health and wellbeing. When you use cold-pressed oils, you reap many benefits. Let’s get started.
Refined oils versus cold-pressed oils:
In the olden days, oils were extracted in kacchi ghani method (or wooden chakka method), where seeds were cold-pressed at low temperatures. No chemicals were used in the process. When oil is extracted in this way, it retains the natural properties, antioxidants, and nutrients present in the seeds. Oils extracted in this method are called cold-pressed oils. In order to produce 1 liter of cold-pressed groundnut oil, 2.5 Kgs of groundnuts are needed. Hence, such oils are priced higher.
In modern times, to lower the cost of oil, oils are extracted at high temperatures, and various chemicals are used in the process. When oils are extracted in this way, all the nutrients present in the seeds are destroyed. Oils extracted in this way are labeled as refined oils and are widely sold. They come at lower prices since less quantity of seeds is used, and more quantity of cheap chemicals are used. These refined oils are toxic.
Cooking oils are widely used in daily cooking, and it is important to use the right kind of cooking oils for good health. Refined oils are loaded with harmful chemicals and cause several health issues. So, it is important to choose cold-pressed oils for health and wellbeing.
10 Benefits of organic cold-pressed oils:
- They are rich in antioxidants.
- They are high in vitamin E and micronutrients.
- Cold-pressed oils are rich sources of oleic acid and lauric acid. These properties boost the immune system.
- They boost energy levels.
- They are free from harmful chemicals.
- These are sources of good fats, and good fats play an important role in weight loss. You need healthy fats to burn excess fat from the body.
- They lubricate skin and internal organs.
- When applied externally on hair and skin, they promote beauty and health.
- Stress has become inevitable in modern times, and it is important to de-stress regularly. A good head massage and body massage with cold-pressed oil is de-stressing.
- These oils are great for massaging babies.
Some healthy ways to use oils in your daily life:
- You can prepare salad dressing with these oils.
- These oils can be used to sauté and stir fry the vegetables.
- They can be used for oil pulling. Oil pulling is an ancient ayurvedic technique that brings several health benefits like improved immunity, strong teeth, better digestion, a strong respiratory system, etc.
- You can use these oils to massage your skin and hair.
- Oils like sesame oil can be drizzled over soups, noodles, etc., for a nice aroma and unique flavor.
- Oils can be added to chutneys to enhance the taste and flavor.
Don’t make these 2 mistakes while using oils.
- Avoid deep-frying. Deep-frying makes food toxic and harmful.
- Avoid reusing oils. When oil is leftover after cooking, discard it. Reuse of oil is harmful to health.
My journey with oils:
Sesame oil, mustard oil, and groundnut oil are my favorite oils for cooking. They can handle high temperatures very well, which is needed for our Indian cooking. They are yummy, and each one has its own flavor. Sesame and mustard have their unique flavor. If I am cooking any Chinese food, I use sesame oil. There are some nice Bengali Dishes that go well with only mustard oil. Peanut oil does not have any distinct flavor of its own. It takes the taste of the food. It takes the heat very well.
I personally use these 3 oils along with coconut oil and ghee for cooking. I also use these oils, especially sesame oil, for body massage. My mom always says – “Massage your head with sesame oil and take a head bath on Saturday. It is very auspicious.” Sesame oil is widely used in many festivals for head massage and body massage. It is supposed to cleanse you of negative energies and remove the daily stress. Sesame oil is an important part of the tradition.
The quality of oils we use impacts our health and wellbeing. So, it’s best to choose organic, cold-pressed oils. To make it easy for you, I launched cooking oils on my website.
Why should you buy our cooking oils?
Here are some reasons.
- Our oils are prepared using the age-old wooden chakka technique.
- Organic seeds are used in the making of oil.
- Oils are prepared in an internationally certified state-of-the-art plant with the highest quality standards.
- The seeds used in the making of our Cold-pressed oils are specially grown by our network of farmers.
- The highest nutrition and abundant energy are guaranteed since we use seeds, which are cracked open within 24 hrs to retain maximum nutrients and moisture content.
- These oils are free from harmful chemicals and parabens.
So, choose only organic, cold-pressed oils in daily cooking and for body massage. This small change will bring better health to you and your family members, and in the long run, it will reduce your medical bills. It is an important investment you will be making for your health. Oils are part of the Indian lifestyle for thousands of years. Let’s use only healthy and premium quality oils to gain maximum benefit. You can buy good-quality organic, cold-pressed oils here.
Wish you lots of good health!