10 Healthy Snack Options
Are you looking for healthy snack options instead of popular options like samosas, kachoris and burgers? Then, this blog is for you. Snacks are an inevitable part of our life, and snack time is the best time to have lovely conversations. We all love to munch those deep-fried bajjis or burgers, but these seemingly fun and harmless snacks result in weight gain, lifestyle diseases, and health issues in the long run. Hence, it’s time to replace these popular snack options with healthy options. In this blog, I will share with you 10 healthy snack ideas. When you implement these ideas, you will feel more energetic, lighter, and healthier. These snacks also help in boosting your immunity.
Here are the 10 healthy snack ideas.
- Vegetable salad: Vegetables are full of nutrients that are essential for the body. Regular intake of vegetables makes us look younger and more energetic. However, many of us do not consume a sufficient quantity of vegetables in a day. So, vegetable salad for snack time is a good idea. When I say vegetable salad, some of you may be thinking it is boring. A vegetable salad need not be boring. You can make interesting salads with a wide variety of vegetables and homemade dressing. Here is one such recipe.
Recipe: Mix 1 cup of finely chopped tomatoes,1 cup of cucumber, 1 cup of grated carrot, ½ cup of finely chopped onions, ½ cup of bell peppers in a bowl, and add pepper powder, salt, coriander, lemon juice.
This is a simple salad recipe but quite delicious and healthy. Try it out.
- Boiled peanuts: Peanuts are a source of healthy protein and are also delicious. Boil peanuts with salt, and you will relish them. Eating a healthy option during snack time also reduces your cravings during dinner time and enables you to choose lighter options for dinner.
- A handful of soaked nuts: Nuts are rich sources of healthy fats, proteins, and micronutrients. So having nuts during snack time satisfies you and makes you feel satiated. But don’t forget to soak the nuts in water for at least 8 hours. Nuts contain phytic acid, and this prevents nutrient absorption. When you soak nuts in water, phytic acid will be removed, and nutrients in nuts can be absorbed by your body. You can choose any nuts like cashews, almonds, walnuts, etc.
- Baked vegetables: A healthy replacement for French fries is baked vegetables. You can bake vegetables like bell peppers, potatoes, tomatoes in an oven and sprinkle pepper powder, salt, oregano, etc. Baked vegetables are tasty and healthy. Baking will help you avoid deep-frying. Deep-frying removes all the nutrients and makes food toxic.
- Nut milk: Nut milk made from soaked nuts is a good replacement for milk. Many people are lactose intolerant and get various diseases by consuming milk. So, milk can be replaced with nut milk. Nut milk is a good source of healthy fats, proteins, and other nutrients. You can add dates, coconut oil to nut milk and make it delicious. Nut milk is filling and satisfying. Check out this video to know more about nut milk.
- Besan chilla: This is a light and easy-to-make snack. You can take some besan, add finely chopped tomatoes, onions, chilies, coriander, salt, cumin seeds, water, and make it like a fine dosa batter. Prepare dosas with this batter. They are delicious and filling. You can also make moong chilla with moong dal. Chillas are high in protein and nutritious. They satiate you and reduce food cravings.
- Bowl of fruits: Fruits are a good source of vitamins, minerals, and fiber. Choose seasonal fruits and have them during your snack time. Avoid mixing fruits with other types of food.
- Apple spinach smoothie: Smoothies can be made with a wide variety of fruits and leafy vegetables. These are filling, delicious and high in nutrition value. Here is a simple smoothie you can make in few minutes. In a blender, blend two apples and a handful of spinach leaves.You can also add a spoon of raw cocoa powder to bring the chocolate flavor.
- Roasted foxnuts: Foxnuts, which are also called lotus seeds or makhana, are a good source of micronutrients like calcium, iron, zinc, etc. You can dry roast lotus seeds, add salt, chat masala and savor these light snacks. You can also dry roast a large number of foxnuts and store them in an air-tight container.
- Chickpea salad: Chickpeas are high in proteins and fiber. You can make a delicious salad with chickpeas. Soak chickpeas for 12 hours and cook them with salt. Add finely chopped tomatoes, onions, coriander, chilies, salt, a dash of lemon to the cooked chickpeas and enjoy it. This is satiating and reduces food cravings.
These are the 10 ideas for healthy snacks.
So, now you know the ideas to make your snack time a healthy time. Whether you choose a smoothie or a salad, or fruits, it needs prior planning to implement these ideas. So, plan well in advance, shop for the things you need, and eat healthy snacks. Every little step you take towards health is rewarding. It brings you higher energy levels, stronger immunity, and a healthier body. The investment you make today in healthy choices will bring rewards in the future. Make healthy choices and make the most out of life.