Do you want to have skin that is healthy, young, and glowing? Then, this blog is for you. Skin is the largest organ of our body, and it protects us from various germs and microbes. It not only brings us beauty but also health. Healthy skin is essential for a healthy body. So, we need to take care of our skin on a daily basis. Many of us try to take care of the skin, but in this process, we make some mistakes knowingly or unknowingly. In this blog, I will share with you 10 common mistakes in skincare. By avoiding these mistakes, we can protect our skin and keep it healthy.
Here is a list of 10 mistakes to avoid in skincare.
- Taking it for granted: Many of us take our skin for granted and don’t give it due attention and care it deserves. With each passing day, our skin goes through the process of aging. And we are living in times of high pollution. Due to these factors, it is common to have skin ailments. So, it is important to take care of our skin on a daily basis. By taking care of the skin, we can keep it young and healthy for a longer duration.
- Only external care is enough: When it comes to skincare, we think that applying creams and taking external care of skin is enough. But the truth is this is not enough. Our skin is an important part of the body. What goes into the body also impacts the skin. Our food, lifestyle, sleeping habits are some of the lifestyle factors that impact skin health. You may be applying a very costly cream on your skin, but ignoring lifestyle factors will not give the desired results. It is important to understand that only external care is not enough.
- Regular usage of makeup: We all love to dress up and look great, and, in this process, some of us use makeup. But regular usage of makeup harms the skin. It makes skin lifeless. So, use makeup only on rare occasions. And that too, use only organic makeup products as much as possible.
- Usage of harmful chemical-based products: The market is flooded with many skin products which are heavily loaded with harmful chemicals. These chemicals are dangerous to the skin and body. When we apply a harmful chemical to the skin, it goes inside the body and can negatively impact internal organs like the liver, kidneys, etc. Avoid the usage of harmful chemical-based products. Switch to organic products and protect your skin as well as health.
- Neglecting sleep: Good quality sleep is essential for healthy skin. When sleep is neglected, it causes aging of the skin, puffy eyes, and dull skin. Don’t neglect sleep if you really care about your skin. Sleep well for 8 hours. Give your sleep due priority.
- Eating deep-fried foods: Deep-fried foods are unhealthy sources of fat.When we eat deep-fried foods, they cause bad skin and acne. So, choose your food consciously. Avoid or minimize the consumption of such foods. Add more vegetables into your diet in the form of salads, soups, smoothies, and steamed vegetables. Vegetables are great foods for the skin. Take care of your diet.
- Not practicing skin hygiene: Skin needs proper cleaning and hygiene on a daily basis. When we don’t follow skin hygiene, we get blackheads, whiteheads, acne, etc. So, wash your skin at least twice a day with a good quality cleanser. If your skin is oily, wash it three times. But, don’t over-wash it as it can cause dry skin. Use clean towels and maintain proper skin hygiene.
- Eating junk food: Junk foods are full of harmful chemicals, preservatives and are made with processed foods. They also contain hormone disrupters and lead to various ailments. When we eat a lot of junk food, our skin health is impacted negatively. Avoid or minimize junk food for healthy skin. Choose healthy snacks.
- Not understanding one’s skin: Sometimes, we use skin products based on popular reviews or endorsements by a star. But we need to understand our skin and choose products accordingly. What works for others may not work for you. Understand your skin and choose the right product that suits your skin.
- Not drinking sufficient amount of water: Water is food for the skin. It hydrates skin and internal organs. When we don’t drink a sufficient amount of water, skin becomes dry and dull. Drink lots of water throughout the day, and you will see your skin glowing.If needed, keep reminders and drink water. If you don’t like the plain taste of water, try herbal infusions, coconut water to bring in some variety.Make sure you are drinking a sufficient amount of water every single day.
These are some mistakes to avoid in skincare.
Don’t forget that flawless skin is a result of a healthy lifestyle and the right choices. So, make your daily choices consciously and choose healthy living. Drink a lot of water. Eat veggies. Sleep for a sufficient amount of time. Avoid deep-fried foods and junk food. And choose organic products for the skin. These choices not only improve your skin health but also bring you good health. Initially, it may be challenging to incorporate these changes. Any change is difficult initially. But as you keep practicing these healthy practices, eventually, they become your habits. A healthy lifestyle, complemented with proper skin hygiene, is the sure-shot way to have healthy and glowing skin.
Wish you good health!