Are you serious about boosting your immunity and started searching the internet for tips and tricks to do it? You are not alone in this search. All of us are looking for ways to boost immunity. Immunity is today’s buzzword and has become the most important aspect of health due to coronavirus. Without strong immunity, our health goes for a toss. Strong immunity leads to a strong body. Such a body is our birthright. So, how to really work on immunity? In this blog, I will share with you 5 ways to boost your immunity. These are the tools that I practice in my life on a daily basis, and I have experienced great results with them. So, let’s get started.
Why is our immunity low?
Before we start working on boosting immunity, let’s first understand why our immunity is low in the first place. In my view, strong immunity is our natural state, and we are supposed to have it as naturally as our hunger or sleep. But we are living in times where immunity has become a concern because we are not living anymore in tune with nature.
Our ancestors were strong because they lived in tune with nature. They woke up with Sunrise and slept early. Their food was free of toxic chemicals. They did a lot of physical work. And importantly, they lead a stress-free life. They did not lead hectic life or worry about tomorrow. But today, the scenario is completely different. We are stressed out handling many tasks in a day. Our sleeping patterns are disturbed, and we are waking up late and sleeping late. We are worried and leading hectic lives and have lost the connection with nature. All these factors have resulted in poor immunity of current times.
Coronavirus, in a way, is a wake-up call for us to reflect on our lifestyle. It has forced us to reflect on the direction we are heading in and change this direction.
My journey with immunity
My immunity was not great when I was in college. I did not have any major sickness, but I used to have respiratory problems and allergies. I got cold very easily and took medicines to address these issues. The problem was solved. But after some days, I again got the problem. Again, I took the medicines, and the problem is resolved. This cycle continued for several years.
After a point of time, I was fed up and started looking for ways to permanently fix these issues. I wanted to know the root cause of these allergies and fix it.
I understood that because of taking medicines for these allergies, I did not give my body a chance to fight the infection. If I give medicines to my body even before it attempts to fight the infection, I am making my body’s fighting mechanism weaker. I did not want to suppress my allergies or make my body’s immunity weaker with medicines anymore. So, I stopped taking medicines and tried remedies like ginger tea to address my problems.
I did not find any significant change. So, I explored more on this subject and read many books, and did various courses. I wanted to go to the depth of this topic and understand more about immunity. I then understood that strong immunity is a deeper work.
In this journey, I learned many things about immunity. From all these learnings I had in this blog, I will be sharing with you 5 ways to build your immunity. Here are those 5 ways.
5 ways to build your immunity
- Eat healthily: Immunity does not come in a magic bottle or a tablet. Our daily food affects our immunity levels. So, follow the below guidelines of eating to ensure good immunity.
1. Make sure 50 to 70% of your food contains vegetables.
2. Avoid processed foods like sugar, white flour, processed cheese, etc.
3. Eat only homemade meals.
4. Avoid deep-fried foods.
2. Manage your daily stress: Our thoughts and emotions, too, have a significant impact on our immunity. When our mind is filled with stress, the body goes into flight or fight mode of response, and this weakens immunity. In modern times, we cannot prevent stress, but stress can be effectively managed. So, have a mechanism in place which helps you manage your daily stress. Below are some ways that help you manage your daily stress.
3. Have a morning ritual: There are no shortcuts to build immunity. It’s a systematic work. We need to take care of the body, mind, and spirit on a daily basis. Hence having a morning ritual is essential. A morning ritual is a group of practices you can do in the morning time which takes care of your body, mind, and spirit. These practices help you build your health and immunity.
As part of my morning ritual, I practice watching Sunrise, oil pulling, jal neti, physical exercises, breathing exercises, prayers, and meditation. I use my mornings productively to infuse my mind with positivity. I practice gratitude and reflect on things that make me happy.
All these practices boost my immunity. You can also create a morning ritual that works on your body, mind, and soul.
4. Live in tune with circadian rhythm: Our body’s internal mechanisms are guided by circadian rhythm, and circadian rhythm is based on Sunrise and Sunset. If we want to have strong immunity, we need to wake up with Sunrise and slow down with Sunset. Doing this keeps our internal mechanism like immunity in a healthy and strong condition. So, wake up early.
5. Sleep well: During sleep time, the body releases toxins and repairs itself. So, good quality sleep is essential for the body. Only when the body gets a sufficient amount of sleep, our immunity can be strong. So, don’t compromise on your sleep. Sleep well.
These are the 5 ways in which you can boost your immunity.
I have been following these ways for many years, and the result is my enhanced immunity. Now, I don’t take any medicines. Colds have stopped completely. I feel stronger and better today than I was some years back. This journey taught me that immunity is a holistic aspect and needs body, mind, and spirit alignment.
If immunity is our priority, then we should start living in tune with nature and take care of our emotions and thoughts. Immunity is something that we need to work on every day, with a long-term plan in place. So, have a morning ritual in place. Along with the morning ritual, eat healthy and nutritious food. Sleep early and wake up early. And take time every day to feel the joy of living. You can also add immunity-boosting A2 cow ghee to your daily diet. Check it out here.
Wish you and your family strong immunity!