Are you tired of chemicals and looking for natural solutions for your skincare? Then, rose water is for you. Roses are beautiful and carry a lovely fragrance. Rosewater, which is extracted from roses, has many amazing benefits apart from nourishing the skin. I generously use rose water in my daily routine. In this blog, I will share with you the various benefits of rose water and multiple ways in which you can use it in daily life. Let’s get started.
My journey with rose water
I love roses. During my childhood, my mom had beautiful rose plants at home. I felt very good seeing the roses. I was drawn to them. The simple act of smelling the roses put me in a good mood. My mom used to grow the native rose plants without pesticides. We used to eat those rose petals and loved the unique flavor of rose petals. It is such an exotic flavor.
When I did my aromatherapy course, I realized the connection between roses and love. After this course, I got bowled over the benefits of roses. Our feelings enhance with the essence and smell of a rose. For this reason, I love using rose essential oil. But what I find even more refreshing and lighter is rose water. The intensity of rose water is lesser. It smells fresh, and I can use it quite often.
9 Benefits of rose water
Rose stands for love and beauty. Roses have been in use since ancient times, not just for aesthetic purposes but also for their medicinal value. Rosewater is extracted from roses and is used in a wide variety of ways. It is part of Egypt queen Cleopatra’s beauty regime. Ancient Romans documented the healing powers of rose water for more than 30 ailments.
Here are the 9 benefits of rose water.
- It enhances the mood instantly.
- It is anti-aging.
- It is high in antioxidants.
- It heals cuts and scars.
- It helps with skin inflammation.
- It is antiseptic and antibacterial.
- It is an excellent hair conditioner.
- It maintains the skin’s PH balance.
- It refreshes skin.
10 ways to use rose water
Thanks to the numerous benefits, rosewater can be used in a wide variety of ways. But before you use it widely, please make sure that your rose water does not contain artificial fragrances and is pure. It’s very common to get rose water in adulterated form. So, get rosewater that is pure and free from harmful chemicals.
Here are 10 ways in which you can use rose water.
- You can spray it on your face after you wash your face.
- Rosewater can be used as a toner.
- It can be used as a makeup setter and remover.
- It can be added to the face packs and ubtans you prepare at home.
- Pure rose water can be used as a flavoring in sweets like – kheer, phirni, energy bars, etc.
- You can add it to drinks like lassi, faludas, cocktails, etc., to enhance the flavor.
- It can be used to prepare natural relaxing teas.
- Rosewater can be used as a hair conditioner. After shampooing, rinse your hair with a cup of rose water.
- If you have puffed eyes, soak cotton pads in rose water and place them on your eyes. It reduces the puffiness and also de-stresses you.
- Rosewater is a great way to de-stress yourself. You can take a rose water bath or just spray it on your face and smell.
3 ways I use rose water in daily life
- I use rose water as a face mist. Sometimes, in summer, I cannot use a moisturizer because there is sweat in summer, and the face becomes greasy and oily. So, I avoid using moisturizer in the summer. I just wash my face and spray rose water. It is refreshing. I do it 2 to 3 times a day.
- I use rose water as a face tonic. It’s like my toner.
- If there is an important meeting where I want positive vibes around, I 100% use rose water. I spray it on my wrist and behind my ears.
Rosewater is something I use on a regular basis. In my journey with rose water, I experienced that many variants of rose water available in the market are filled with harmful chemicals, and they damage skin instead of nourishing the skin. So, I wanted to create my own pure rose water, which I can use and make it available for you as well. That’s how I have launched my rose water. If you have never used rose water before, try it out. It brings that joy and love to your day.
Why choose Manjula Ghattamaneni’s Sowfresh rose water?
Here are some reasons.
- The roses we use in the preparation of rose water are carefully grown by our network of farmers from Rajasthan.
- We are certified organic. Roses used in rose water are one of the best varieties of roses found on Earth.
- All our products are bottled in our carefully controlled and internationally certified state-of-the-art plant located in India.
- Our rose water does not contain parabens, synthetic fragrances, and harmful chemicals. It is so good that you can add rose water into your foods and consume them in your body. It is of edible quality. Many people use rosewater for skin and may wonder what’s the need to use such good quality rosewater on skin. Skin absorbs anything applied to it, and it reaches the organs inside the body. So, it is important to use good quality rosewater on the skin.
A good quality rose water brings joy and love into the home. It makes your life interesting and adds magic. So, generously use rose water in daily life. But just make sure that you are using only pure rose water. To buy premium quality rose water, check out here.
I wish you lots of happiness!