The Art of Self Love
One thing that greatly surprises me about many women and young girls is that – they feel they are not beautiful. These girls and women who are naturally blessed with great beauty feel they are not attractive just because they don’t fit into the definition of beauty created by someone else. They feel they are fat, ugly, and are insecure about the way they look. They lack self-love. Because of this false perception about themselves, they put heavy makeup, go through body-torturing diets to look like thin models, and enter wrong relationships just to listen to the words – “you are beautiful,” and eventually, they harm their self -esteem, body, health, and relationships.
Is this worth it? I don’t think so. Yes, it feels great to be attractive but not at the cost of one’s health, relationships, and happiness. Beauty is beautiful only when it comes with health, joy, and goodness.
From the bottom of my heart, I want to tell this to every woman and girl out there. Know your beauty and be proud of yourself. People may talk, comment, and write about you, but you don’t have to believe them. Don’t get caught up in what others say about you. Know who you are and live in your truth. Your confidence to live your truth makes you a magnetic personality.
Today, take some time to practice self-love. Below are some ideas to practice self-love.
- Admire your self. List down all your good qualities and accomplishments. When we write down our good qualities, our self-esteem improves and we feel more confident in life.
- Many of us complain about hair and skin. For a change, today take time to compliment your hair, your skin, and see your beauty.
- Forgive yourself of the mistakes you made in life. We all make mistakes. There is no one in this world who is always right.
- Have a ‘me time’ where you do things that make you happy. Make time for your happiness.
- Gift yourself something amazing and celebrate being you.
- Understand how little value other people’s opinions have in your life. The most important thing is the love you have from your family and friends and an even more important thing is the love you have for yourself.
- Pursue your hobbies. Hobbies make us happy and joyful.
- Follow a healthy diet. Your body is precious and it needs the right fuel to work at an optimum level.
- Surround yourself with positive people. Avoid toxic relationships as such relationships break your self-esteem.
Your body and your life is precious. Don’t torture your body with unhealthy diets, unhealthy makeup, and an unhealthy lifestyle just because some random person said you are not beautiful. Cherish your body, take good care of it, keep it healthy, and be proud of it no matter what others say. Your body is a gift given to you by the divine to live your purpose in life. You are unique, awesome, and beautiful in your own way, and you don’t need to follow society or trends about being beautiful. You deserve self-love and more.
Cheers to the beautiful You 😊