How to boost your energy instantly?
Are you feeling tired and irritated? I hear you. We all go through the states of irritation, grumpiness, and tiredness but what many of us don’t realize is these states of mind can be overcome by doing something as simple as breathing fresh air. Fresh air is vital for our wellbeing. It not only carries oxygen but also has fresh prana, which is essential for our health and peace. We breathe air as an involuntary process. We don’t consciously think if the air we are breathing is fresh or not. Thanks to the modernization, we are spending a great amount of time indoors. Our classes are indoors. Our workplaces are indoors. Now with the coronavirus pandemic, indoor presence has greatly increased. The result of this is that we are missing out on fresh air. It’s time to consciously incorporate the practice of breathing fresh air into our life. In this blog, I will share with you the benefits of breathing fresh air. I will also share with you how you can enhance this practice to gain greater benefits.
My recent experience
The other day, I was feeling tired. So, I casually went out to get some fresh air, and there I saw my favorite peepal tree. I sat under this tree and practiced deep breathing. While inhaling, I visualized that health and vitality are entering into my body. While exhaling, I visualized that all the uneasiness and tiredness from my body are expelled. I practiced deep breathing with this visualization for a couple of minutes. And guess what! I felt good after this practice. My tiredness was gone. I felt very refreshed and energetic. This experience reinforced to me the importance of breathing fresh air and adding the right visualization.
Benefits of breathing fresh air:
We all take a lot of care about food and water. We choose clean vegetables, drink clean water, give great importance to our diet and care about carbohydrates, proteins, etc. There is so much emphasis on food. But air is also as important as food. In fact, air is more important than food because, without food, a human can survive for 3 weeks, but without air, a human can survive only for 3 minutes. This is how important air is for our survival. But how many of us really care to breathe fresh air? Not many of us.
Fresh air brings us several benefits. Below are some of the benefits of breathing fresh air every day.
- It boosts the energy levels of our body. We start feeling rejuvenated and energetic.
- It boosts brain health. With higher oxygen levels in our body, the brain works better, and this results in enhanced clarity of thinking.
- It enhances mood. It is common to feel irritated or cranky on some days. Breathing fresh air can help us to change our mood instantly.
- It strengthens the respiratory system.
- Skin health improves.
- It improves the overall health and wellbeing.
These are some benefits of breathing fresh air every day. Maybe this could be a reason why Gurukulas in the olden days were conducted outdoors, under a tree. A teacher sat under a huge tree and taught students. In the olden days, there was a lot of exposure to fresh air as people lived and worked outdoors predominantly. This has changed now. In the current world, we need to make a conscious effort to breathe fresh air.
So, how to get the dosage of fresh air and gain greater benefit out of it? Here are some pointers.
Pointers to gain greater levels of benefits from breathing fresh air:
- Go outdoors and find a neat, hygienic place. Don’t choose a place filled with traffic and air pollution. Choose a place that has greenery, open space, and is away from traffic. If you are unable to find such a place near you, then choose your balcony.
- If you can practice this during Sunrise time, you will gain greater benefits.
- Sit in a comfortable position. You can sit on a chair or floor. But make sure your spine is straight and you are comfortably seated.
- Try to be on an empty stomach. Doing deep breathing with a fully loaded stomach will be challenging, and you cannot do deep breathing.
- Start the process with exhalation.
- Exhale completely and empty your lungs.
- Inhale deeply. While inhaling, let your stomach come out like a balloon. Simultaneously, visualize that the positive energies like vitality, health, love, strength are entering into your entire system. You can visualize that the positive energies are going into your every cell, organ, and your entire body and are filling your whole body.
- Exhale completely. While exhaling, let your stomach go in. Simultaneously, visualize that any negative energies like sadness, anger, disease, tiredness, stress, etc., which are present in your system are expelled. You can visualize that diseased energies from your cells, organs, and entire body are expelled out of your system.
- In one session, you can practice deep breathing for 5 to 10 minutes.
- You can practice 3 to 4 sessions of deep breathing in a day and recharge yourself.
When you add positive visualization to breathing fresh air, your breathing becomes deeper and more beneficial. Anyone can practice this simple but highly effective tool and instantly rejuvenate. In the place of deep breathing, you can also practice the simplified version of the Anulom Vilom breathing technique.
So, get a dose of fresh air every day and see how beautifully your day transforms. By incorporating this practice into your daily routine, you will start feeling more energetic and more peaceful. It will uplift your spirits and bring in positivity. Just like good food and water are important for our health, fresh air is also important. Don’t neglect this essential aspect of life. So, let’s go outdoors and enjoy the fresh air. And don’t forget to practice positive visualization while you are breathing fresh air.