Are you unhappy that you haven’t achieved much success in life? Are you feeling lost and directionless? These feelings surface when you haven’t yet found the purpose of your life. Find your purpose and see how your life transforms. What is your purpose in life? Is your purpose all about waking up, rushing to the office, coming home tired, and sleeping, or do you have some bigger purpose in life? Each one of us is special and has a unique purpose on this planet. But many of us don’t realize this, and we lead a life lacking in purpose. So, how to find the purpose? From my experience, I understood that our heart holds all the answers and wisdom we seek in life. When we follow our heart, we will find our purpose. But how to do it? Today, in this article, I will share with you some tools that help you connect with your heart and follow your heart. When you practice these tools, you will find your purpose and live a life full of passion.
My journey of following my heart
I fell in love with the world of cinema right from my childhood. Cameras, lights, stories, costumes, and everything else about movies fascinated me. My heart was always in movies. It took me great courage and a good amount of struggle to follow my heart. And it was worth it. That is how a national award-winning film like “Show” happened, making my father and the Telugu film industry proud of me. This would not have happened if I had ignored my heart’s calling. Be it my work or my marriage, or my self-development journey, the “follow your heart” theme guided my life predominantly.
When I follow my heart’s wisdom, I feel alive and full of passion for life. When I listen to the gentle whispers of my heart, I find guidance and a way out of my obstacles. My entire life taught me that when I follow my heart, I live with a strong purpose.
Benefits of following heart
Did you ever fall in love? Love is a special feeling, right? When you are in love, you forget time and space. Suddenly, you find the courage to do anything for the happiness of that special person. Life feels vibrant and exciting. You will be ready to go beyond the limitations and boundaries of everyday life. There is no monotony or mundaneness in life. Every day feels new and special. You experience the same magic when you follow your heart. Whether you follow your heart or not, in life, there are bound to be obstacles. But when you follow your heart, you find ways to face these challenges, and every single day becomes lively in spite of the challenges and obstacles. Every day feels magical and adventurous. I experienced the most beautiful moments of my life when I followed my heart.
Here are the 6 amazing benefits you gain by following your heart.
- Better decision-making: You make decisions in life that are suitable to your personality. Your likes and dislikes are unique. Your personality is unique. So, you start making decisions that are in tune with who you are and what is right for you.
- Freedom from peer-pressure: Peer-pressure is common in life, but we need to rise above it because we are all unique. When we follow our heart, we realize our unique purpose in life and create our own path. We rise above peer-pressure.
- Joy of living: There is a joy in following the heart’s wisdom. We feel alive every single day, and life becomes exciting. Joy of living increases.
- Better quality of life: There is more satisfaction and joy. Depression, anxiety, stress come down in life, and this leads to a better quality of life.
- Achieving goals: we all have goals, but many of us give up pursuing them in the face of obstacles. When we listen to heart, we find enough motivation to go the extra mile and conquer the obstacles. We will find the strength to achieve our goals.
- Purposeful life: We find meaning and purpose in what we are doing. We, humans, are beings of logic. When we don’t find a purpose in what we are doing, it feels burdensome and boring. Following your heart makes life purposeful. You live life with greater levels of passion where every day matters. You wake up with a purpose, and Monday blues don’t exist in your life.
These are the benefits of following the heart, but sometimes, in life, we don’t understand what our heart says. We don’t even know what our heart desires. This is a common scenario faced by many people. Why does this happen? This happens because we are too lost in the stress and confusion of daily life. We have never tried to connect within.
So, if we want to know what our heart desires, we need to tune into our heart. This is the way to unlock our heart’s wisdom.
How to tune into the heart’s wisdom?
The way to tune into our heart’s wisdom is to go within. Here are some tools that help you go within.
- Spending time in nature
- Pursuing your hobbies
- Being relaxed and joyful in life
When we practice any of these tools, we quieten the mind. There is a lot of unwanted chatter that happens in the mind, and this prevents us from listening to the whispers of the heart. The above tools help us to calm down the mind. Once the mind is quiet, we can listen to the gentle whispers of the heart and find our unique purpose.
Next time, when you think your life has become monotonous without any purpose, tune into your heart. Sometimes, the heart’s wisdom might feel challenging and risky to implement but take that risk. You will reap many benefits when you follow your heart.
Now, you know how to find your purpose in life. You know the tools you need to practice to listen to your heart. So, why wait further? Start your journey now. When every person follows their heart, the world will be free of depression, boredom, poverty, injustice, and even crime. Can you imagine a purposeful and joyful person committing a crime? No, right? You and I can contribute towards making this world a joyful and peaceful place just by following our hearts. So, go within and find your unique purpose. Check out this fascinating book named Ikigai to explore more on this topic. You can find the book here – https://amzn.to/3c0tSZM.
There is no reason not to follow your heart – Steve Jobs.