My Skincare Routine
One of the most frequently asked questions on my channel is about my skincare routine. So, today, I am going to share with you my skincare routine. We are living in cities, and there is a lot of pollution around. Due to this, skin gets negatively affected on a daily basis. When no skincare is in place, skin health may deteriorate. Hence, it’s important to have a skincare routine in place. My skincare routine is quite simple. Let’s get started.
4 Fundamentals of skin:
Before I share my routine, let us first understand a few fundamentals related to skin.
- Skin is the largest organ in the body, and it plays an important role in immunity.
- Skin reflects the mental state, health condition, lifestyle of a person.
- The products we apply on skin seep into the organs inside the body and affect health. Hence, it’s important to make healthy choices when it comes to choosing skin products. I choose organic products.
- Skincare needs both external and internal care. Many of us focus only on external steps like applying a lotion or cream, but lifestyle factors also impact skin health. Are we sleeping well? Are we eating the right foods? How are our stress levels? All these factors impact skin.
My skincare routine:
I have designed my routine based on the above 4 fundamentals.
1. Cleansing: Skin eliminates a lot of toxins, and it needs proper cleansing. Cleansing the face is the first step. I wash my face twice a day. If u have oily skin, thrice a day is not a bad idea. Don’t overdo cleansing if you don’t have oily skin because it could lead to dry skin.
When we wash the face with a good cleanser, the chance of getting acne or blackheads is reduced. These issues arise due to clogged pores and greasiness.
Products I use:
- I use juicy chemistry’s cleanser.
- Our grandmother used to make us face wash with gram flour(besan), milk cream(meegada), and a little bit of turmeric. When I have time, I apply this on my face once or twice a week and wash it off.
- My grandmother used to make bath powder (or sunnipindi), and this is also very good. (If you have the patience, u can make sunnipindi at home. But before using it, check how it suits your skin. If your skin is sensitive, sunnipindi might be a little too harsh. Instead of sunnipindi, you can also use just gram flour).
2. Toning: A good toner nourishes the skin and keeps it healthy. I use Manjula Ghattamaneni’s Sowfresh rose water as toner. It is pure and organic.
3. Moisturising: This step is important to prevent the skin from becoming dry and to maintain the skin’s moisture. After toning, I use a good moisturizer from forest essentials. Before applying the moisturizer, I use a serum. The serum is anti-aging and a great source of nourishment for the skin. This is also from forest essentials.
For the body, I use forest essentials soap and moisturizing lotion. The body lotion is required because we use soap, and it can dry the skin.
I follow these 3 steps morning and night time for the external care of my skin.
Skin needs both external care and internal care to keep it young and healthy. Internal care is as important as external care. Internal care includes diet, sleeping patterns, water consumption, etc. Below are some internal care practices I do on a daily basis.
1. Drinking lots of water: I drink lots of water throughout the day. Water is the elixir that keeps skin young and glowing. It prevents skin from becoming dry.
2. Avoiding fried foods, junk, and processed foods: These foods are unhealthy and are harmful to the overall health of the body. They also make the skin greasy and oily. They promote aging. I strictly avoid these foods.
3. Eating lots of vegetables: Vegetables carry antioxidants and various nutrients essential for skin health and youthfulness. I add lots of vegetables to my diet in the form of salads, soups, smoothies.
4. Sleeping for 8 hours: During sleep, the body repairs itself and goes through rejuvenation. When we don’t sleep for a sufficient amount of time, we see issues like dark circles under the eyes, more wrinkles on the face, and puffy eyes. So, I sleep for 8 hours every day, and I make sure that it is good quality sleep. For young and bright skin, good quality sleep is very important.
6. Maintaining healthy vitamin levels: Vitamin levels impact all the processes and organs in our body. Vitamin deficiencies cause various skin disorders like dry and flaky skin, skin rashes, acne, and promote aging. So, I regularly check my vitamin levels and ensure that they are normal. If needed, I take vitamin supplements.
7. Exercise: This is important to remove the toxins from the skin and improve blood flow.I work out 4 to 5 times a week.
8. Sauna – This opens the skin pores and acts as a great cleanser. I do this at least 3 or 4 times a week. The glow and shine you get after a good sauna is deep.
These are the steps in my skincare routine.
Every single day, there is a certain degeneration like aging, pollution, stress, etc., and these factors can deteriorate skin health. We need to proactively take care of the skin. Taking care of the skin is the secret of healthy skin. Externally, the skin needs good cleansing, toning, and moisturizing on a daily basis. Internally, it needs a healthy lifestyle and care. When these factors are taken care of, the skin glows and stays youthful. To start your skincare journey, you can start with a few or all the steps I mentioned above. As you keep incorporating these changes on a daily basis, very soon, you will see your skin becoming healthier and brighter.
Wish you good health!