The easiest way to lose weight
Are you struggling to lose weight? Have you tried everything you know but still could not lose weight? Then, this blog is for you. Sometimes, weight loss becomes a tough journey and can also become depressing. Many of us try walking, cutting down sweets, and eating little, but the weight loss still eludes us. So, how to make it happen? How to see the weight disappear like magic? In this blog, I am going to share with you the easiest way to lose weight. When you practice this, you not only lose weight but also gain health and well-being.
So, what is the easiest way to lose weight?
It is to add vegetables into your daily diet. You might be already eating vegetables, but two factors are needed to see the results. They are the right quantity and the right way of eating. Many of us eat vegetables in the form of curry, but this is not enough for weight loss. Curries are overcooked in oils, and most of the nutrients are lost. Also, we eat less amount of curry. So, we need to eat lots of vegetables in a day and in a way where maximum nutrients are retained.
How to eat vegetables for weight loss?
Below are the five key points to remember.
1. Add colors to your plate: Mother nature has blessed us with a wide variety of vegetables. We all have our favorites and are picky about vegetables, but it’s important to have a wide variety of vegetables on our plates. When we have rainbow-colored vegetables on our plate, it becomes holistic and balanced. We get a wide variety of nutrients. So, add various colored vegetables, exotic vegetables, local vegetables, and all types of vegetables to your diet.
2.Consume vegetables in a nutritious way: Many of us consume vegetables only in the form of curries, but when we prepare a curry, the essence and nutrition of the vegetables are lost due to high-temperature cooking and frying. So, to retain the nutritional value of vegetables, consume them in the below forms.
These are some ways to retain the nutrients of vegetables. When your food carries a high level of nutrients, you cannot overeat food, and your cravings come down. So, it is important to eat vegetables with nutrients retained.
3. Start your day with vegetables: When your first meal is vegetables, your body gets a lot of nutrients and is satisfied. You eat the right quantity of food and your whole day’s diet goes in a healthy direction. So, start your day with a lot of veggies. This one step will make a great difference to your health and weight management.
4. How much to eat? Ensure that you consume 70% of your food in the form of vegetables if you are really serious about weight loss. You can prepare yummy soups, baked veggies, steamed veggies, and of course, wonderful salads. If you are serious about weight loss, your every meal should contain some vegetables in any of these forms.
5. Go organic: Use organic vegetables wherever possible because organic vegetables are free of pesticides and harmful chemicals. Their nutritional value is high. The more nutritious your food is, the lesser your food cravings are.
When you consume your vegetables in this way, your weight loss is effortless. What are the benefits of adding a lot of veggies to your diet?
Benefits of eating a lot of vegetables:
Vegetables bring many benefits. Some of these benefits are
- Vegetables contain soluble and insoluble fiber, and this fiber improves digestion and excretion. Healthy digestion and excretion are very important for a healthy body.
- There is a huge connection between our body and mind. When we eat many vegetables, our thoughts and emotions, too, transform, and they become more positive.
- We can never overeat food when we load the plate with vegetables. The fiber in vegetables fills us, and vegetables are full of nutrients. When we provide our body right nutrition, food cravings come down, and we feel satisfied. Many of us go for that extra dessert after lunch or dinner because our food lacks nutrition, and the body keeps asking for more food. This problem will be solved when we add a lot of vegetables to our diet.
- Vegetables contain many nutrients, but unlike fruits, they don’t have sugars. So, we can eat any amount of vegetables without worrying about the sugar content.
- Adding vegetables to the diet promotes weight loss because we cannot overeat vegetables, and they also reduce our food cravings. Consuming vegetables also cuts down our junk food consumption automatically.
- Vegetables contain antioxidants and vitamins, which are essential for the healthy functioning of the body.
- They promote anti-aging and glowing skin because of the presence of antioxidants.
- They boost immunity. Immunity is very important to protect ourselves from many diseases.
How to start your journey?
Here are my two personal recipes for you to start your journey with vegetables.
Smoothie recipe: I love smoothies because they are delicious and are nutrient-packed. Here is a recipe for a smoothie that you can try and give your kids too.
A bunch of spinach leaves
200 ml of coconut water
Blend all the ingredients in a blender. That’s it! Your delicious smoothie is ready. Remember to add more spinach and less banana.
Salad recipe: Salads are great to have. They are crunchy, juicy, and refreshing. Here is my favorite salad recipe.
½ cup of finely chopped cucumber
½ cup of grated carrots
½ cup of finely chopped tomatoes
¼ cup of finely chopped capsicum
¼ cup of pomegranate seeds
Finely chopped coriander leaves
1 tsp of olive oil
Salt, lemon, pepper powder, honey, garlic juice for taste
Mix all the vegetables. Add pomegranate seeds, honey, pepper powder, salt, lemon. Drizzle it with olive oil and a little bit of garlic juice. Your delicious salad is ready. This salad tastes heavenly, and it is super healthy.
Start your journey of weight loss today with these 2 recipes. The more vegetables you eat, the faster you lose weight. Vegetables are easily available to us. They are not some exotic or rare foods. So, eat a lot of them, and you will see your weight melting off like magic. You will also have glowing skin, better digestion, and superior energy levels. So, why wait further? Start your journey today.
Want to add steamed vegetables to your diet? Check out a steamer here.
Happy weight loss!